My name is Amy Beeler and welcome to my enchantments. Each enchantment is an original, hand-sculpted piece made from polymer clay, fabrics and this and that. This is a place of fairies, witches, elves, ghosts, snowmen and all manner of whimsical beings. I hope they will enchant you.......*"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." *Roald Dahl

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Georgetown Christmas Market

The entrance to Strouss Park where the outdoor Christmas Market is located



Early morning market set up....14 outdoor booths total
   
the christmas tree in the middle of Strouss Park right next to the market

The Enchanted Doodler Booth

My daughter, Callie, my "elf" helper the second weekend of the market

Setting up my booth at the market
The Georgetown Christmas Market was once, again, a huge success. This event is truly a magical holiday experience. I wanted to upload more pictures but for some reason my blog is not taking anymore! I have a picture of the horse pulled hay ride that takes visitors touring around historic Georgetown and also the fire pit in the middle of the park where market goers gather to warm their toes and sip on hot cocoa and hot cider. The first weekend was very cold....a high of 15 degrees both days but there were plenty of hearty folks that came and enjoyed. The second weekend was glorious with sunshine, blue skies and temperatures in the 40's! Attendance at the market was record-breaking the second weekend and it was even difficult to navigate the sidewalks at times in the tiny town. The Enchanted Doodler booth did very well the first weekend and sold out the second weekend. My daughter, Callie, helped me the second weekend and  it made the experience that much more special having her with me. This entire small, historic mountain town is festooned with fresh cut pine garlands and thousands of  mulit-colored lights. Pine garlands and branches decorate windows and wooden casket planters up and down the street, transforming Georgetown into a magical Christmas town.If you ever have a chance to go, the market is always the first two weekends in December and I have no doubt that you will find it as charming and enchanting as I do!